This, one of the largest apartment houses in Kaunas, was built by Jonas Lapėnas, an activist of the Lithuanian Nationalist Union and the chief of the “Maistas” company. The designed six-storey house of rented apartments perfectly illustrates the architectural talent of Feliksas Vizbaras. In terms of its modernity, size and luxury, the building could be easily put up against the most notable architectural examples of the temporary capital (such as M. Chaimson’s House on Maironis St.). The first floor of the new apartment house which was erected in the central part of the city was designed for shops. The rest of the floors had two luxurious apartments on each floor. From mid-1938 until late 1939 second floor premises were leased by the Polish legation. Various commercial institutions are currently located in this building. The object can definitely be regarded as an important architectural landmark, which shapes Kaunas’ genius loci. Year: 1932. Style: Modernism. Architect Feliksas Vizbaras.