At the foot of the hill, in 1932 a wooden house, with appearing beautiful panorama of Kaunas old town, was built for Juozas Gruodis, a prominent Lithuanian composer. The interwar architecture designer Feliksas Vizbaras incorporated the building into the tree-covered slope. This explains the juxtaposition of one and two floors. In front of the main entrance there is a porch with five wooden columns supporting a balcony. House decorations display elements of Lithuanian folk art. The wooden window art simbolizes the artist‘s keenness for ethnic musical motives. The surrounding orchard was designed by Gruodis and still grows today. A birch tree donated by the composer‘s student, Julius Juzeliūnas, is among the trees surviving today. In 1974, a memorial museum of Juozas Gruodis was established, where the exposition on the composer‘s life and his works was presented. Poetry events, concerts, educational programs are offered to the public here.