This church is the largest basilical church in the Baltic States. Its construction lasted from 1932 to 1940. When Lithuania regained its independence, in 1922, an idea was born to build a church as a symbol of gratitude to God for the restored independence. The construction works were interrupted by the Soviet occupation. The building was seized and turned into the Radio Factory after the war (later known as Banga). In 1990, the church regained its primary purpose. The main tower is 70 m high. The visicellars of the church have been turned into the museum for the blind and the path of the blind, the 21st Century Catacombs Labyrinth.