The Lithuanian Department of Statistics has just published the newest tourism statistics representing the numbers of the 1st quarter of 2019. We’re thrilled to announce the total number of guests in Kaunas has grown by 15% compared to the same period last year ( 62 344 guests); 17% more guests spent at least one night in our city (110267 bookings in the hotels and hostels in Kaunas). The numbers do not include bookings made via AirBnB or similar services as the platform does not provide statistics.
59.1% of all the guests came from foreign countries – this number also represents a 15% growth. Here’s where our guests come from:
1. Russia (3637 guests (-14 %);
2. Poland (3620 guests (+36%);
3. Ukraine (3309 guests (+19%);
4. Latvia (3294 guests (+10%);
5. Estonia (2696 guests (+13%);
6. Finland (2221 guest (+190% - thanks Wizz Air!);
7. United Kingdom (2081 guest (+26%);
8. Germany (2031 guest (+25%);
9. Denmark (1221 guest (+16%);
10. Italy (917 guests (+28%).
These are all European countries; we’re also happy to have hosted 442 guests from Israel in the first three months of 2019, as well as 1329 guests from Japan. A total of 13972 visitors said hi in the Kaunas IN tourism information centres during the same period! We’re delighted to have met all of you, and we hope to continue providing a kaunastic time for our guests from all around the world.
Photo by A. Aleksandravičius